Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hugs and Prayers for Alana, Don and baby Vance!

Wow... I got an email from Alana last night that baby Vance had been born early. 4 days after we did their maternity session and at 34 weeks pregnant they were driving on a road trip and she started bleeding. They went to the nearest hospital in St Pete and she was told she was having an abruption (placenta tearing away from uterine wall) and that Vance would need to be delivered immediately! They put her to sleep and then delivered baby Vance at 4 pounds 11 ounces. I can't even begin to imagine how scary this must have been for them! Vance is doing great though and they are working on getting him to eat and gain weight so that he can come home! Hopefully I'll do his newborn session towards the end of the month. Needless to say my jaw dropped when I read that email, so our thoughts and prayers are with them! So glad everyone is okay... and to think that I questioned that we may have done her maternity session too early...ack! Now I'm glad we had the session when we did!

:)

No comments: