Monday, June 09, 2008

A HUGE Congratulations to Nandi & Jason!!!

This weekend was quite a crazy one for me... John and I had a wedding scheduled for Saturday night and I knew Nandi was due to give birth at any moment. Well Saturday morning I got a text message that labor had begun... so I got in the car and drove out to New Smyrna to attend baby Bodhi's birth. I had to leave for the wedding in the afternoon and was really torn and didn't want to leave them with an incomplete story of the day, so my good friend Margie (who photographed our birth) just happened to be visiting us for the weekend and she graciously offered to drive out so she could help while I went to the wedding. I drove the hour back into Winter Park and shot Sarah and Michael's beautiful wedding, then drove back to New Smyrna when I was done.

Nandi and Jason had a long day of labor, but it was the most beautiful experience for those that were there. Nandi was so strong and Jason was such an amazing support to her. Both grandmas were there as well and they were also amazing. One of the best parts for me was that this birth was attended by our midwife Kelli Johnson of A Mothers Nature Midwifery who also delivered Camdyn. So that in itself was extra special for me. I have bonded with Nandi and Jason since doing their maternity photos about two months ago, and they have become such wonderful friends. I am proud of what they accomplished with Bodhi's birth... it was another amazing homebirth experience I will never forget.

So a huge congratulations to them! It was an honor to be present and a part of Bodhi's birth. Stay tuned towards the end of the week for more photos from Bodhi's newborn session. Another HUGE thank you to Margie for always being there for myself and my family. She is a true friend and such an important part of our lives!






No comments: