Saturday, September 08, 2007

You know those people in your life...

Those ones you just can't live without... I am blessed to have many of those people in my life. I swear all of my friends were given as gifts to me, they push me, challenge me, wake me up when I'm being an idiot, and make me laugh till I feel like I'm losing my breath. Julie is one of those friends. I have written about her before, spilled my feelings if you will. BUT... I had a dream last night and she was in it, so I figured I would post about her today.

We met a year and a half ago in Chicago, IL at a photography convention. Who would have known that this girl that is soooo totally different from me would turn out to be a dear dear friend that now I can't imagine my life without. We spent the weekend learning about photography and really didn't get a chance to talk or connect much... until we shared a cab to the airport. I was running late... SHOCKER, and scrambling to get my plane. I knew she was pure gold when she called me as I got to my gate to make sure I had made my flight. Ever since that day we have talked almost daily and our friendship has blossomed into this beautiful, loving sisterhood that still baffles me, makes me cry, makes me miss her like crazy and makes me want to jump on an airplane to Utah like once a week just to see her smiling face, Sesame Street PJ's and hear her laugh.

She is coming here in six weeks to shoot Graham and Travis' wedding with us. She'll be leaving her 5 kids with her inlaws and bringing her hubby David along for the fun. It's their anniversary weekend, and John's birthday so we'll all have a nice adult weekend of celebrating. We'll be traveling to Marco Island for the wedding and renting a condo there to enjoy a long weekend of R & R, fun, and I'm sure tons of giggles... we tend to do that like teenagers! She will also be coming back again in December to be here to photograph the birth of our baby and stay for a week to help out and keep me sane while I begin my transition as a mother of two!

I have tried not to think about when she is coming because it seems to drag the time on... but I woke up this morning dreaming of us having a waterfight on the beach, and it hit me that we are so close to our fun weekend...YAY! Anyway, this girl means the world to me... she's made me appreciate life in a way I hadn't before, made me see how precious family, our friends and relationships are. She's one of those people that you just hold onto with everything you have because you know they are a gift in your life. She's been plunked into my world for a reason... I wish she lived closer, but it also just makes me appreciate her that much more. I'm also totally excited for her to meet my other two best buds who I can't live without... Lesa and Tamu!

Love you Jules... see you SO soon! Don't hate me but I had to add my fave shots... and yes we are TOTAL cheeseballs...lol.

No comments: